Monday 16 January 2012

The Miracle of Life

A regular feature of Monday mornings at Priory is the senior ladies keep fit group. If I happen to be in the church office on a Monday morning I generally pop in at the end of the session to have a cuppa and a chat with the ladies. When I walked into the hall this morning I was greeted with a chorus of "hello grandad!" Some of the ladies knew that a week or so ago my first grandson was born.

Max Joshua Clark was born at 8.53am on Sunday 8 January; I received a text message from my son Chris informing me of the news just as I was about to set off for church. Later in the day, Sue and I hot-footed it down to Leicester to see Max (not to mention his parents, Chris & Megan). The image shown is of Max when he was less than 11 hours old! For a very newly born baby he seemed remarkably attentive.

Though I had witnessed the birth of our 3 children, when I held Max in my arms I was bowled over again by the miracle of human life. I thank God for his amazing gift of a grandson. A few days later I came cross a video clip on YouTube which highlights just what a miracle human life is. I would encourage you to watch the clip here. We serve an amazing Creator God!

No comments:

Post a Comment