Wednesday 14 October 2009

Cliff & The Shadows, eBay, fraud and Emma

It is rather a shame that I have the time this evening to write my blog. Why? Because Sue and I should have been enjoying an evening at the Sheffield Arena, watching Cliff and The Shadows in their farewell concert tour. It is an evening we have long been looking forward to, but sadly it was not to be. Let me explain...

It was quite some time ago when I heard about the tour. We decided that if we could get some tickets we would like to go to one of the tour venues. By the time we started looking for tickets, many had already been sold. Being a long-time eBayer, I naturally looked on eBay, and found two seemingly ideal tickets for the evening in Sheffield, our most convenient tour venue.

So, back in February
I won and paid for two tickets. They weren't cheap, but I thought that it was worth the money, especially as we rarely go out to similar events. I realised that buying these type of tickets on eBay, especially well in advance of an event, does involve an element of risk. However, the seller had (and has) a good eBay feedback rating and so I felt able to trust them. The seller informed me that the tickets would be sent to me a couple of weeks before the event, when s/he had received them. There did not seem anything unusual about this. All I could do was wait!

As the event drew closer, I attempted to contact the seller to check that I would be receiving the tickets. It now appears that I was victim of a fraud. I have received no tickets and have received no reply to any of my recent emails. So, here are two very disappointed people, out of pocket and out of the Sheffield Arena! I don't feel angry, just sad at a missed opportunity and sad at the fact that people like this particular eBay seller feels that it's OK to con people out of their hard earned money.

I guess that all of us find ourselves let down on occasions, sometimes even by those close to us on whom we thought we could rely. I am so grateful that I know Jesus, the one who is an ever faithful friend. When we trust in him, we are never let down.

So how did Sue and I spend the evening? We went out for a meal at our local pub, then came home and watched a recording of Sunday's episode of Emma. Not quite Cliff and The Shadows, but very enjoyable nevertheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment